What’s Happening with the Colorado Health Care Cooperative?
Recap: SB11-168, “Concerning the Creation of the Colorado Health Care Authority for the Purpose of Designing a Health Care
Cooperative,” affectionately called the Colorado Health Care Cooperative Bill—the highlights:
- Introduced by Senator Irene Aguilar, MD on February 14, 2011 with 12 Senate sponsors and 14
- Passed the Senate Business, Labor and Technology Committee on February 28, with powerful testimony by
- Sen. Aguilar agreed to delay the floor vote in the Senate on SB11-168 in order to support passage of the controversial Health Exchange bill
- Sent to the Senate floor for a final vote where it passed by a “division” vote the day before the end of the legislative session, but was laid over, with no time to go through the House
- Will be introduced again in the 2012 legislative session and rewritten to make it easier to understand and with improvements
Going forward: That’s amazing progress for a comprehensive bill in its first legislative session.
- Watch for the new bill number during the 2012 legislative session.
- Offer to do what you can for the Campaign